Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Day at the Park -- Summer Vacation

Today's OTA was the last one before the team reports for training camp on July 19. So as the team scattered for their "summer break", I tried to get a feel for the kind of plans members of the team have before the season really starts.

Shaun Suisham
"Heading back to Wallsburg, Ontario, my home town. I host a camp for 200 youth. That'll be June 21st. so, I'm looking forward to that, and then I'll be back here for the beginning of July."

Chris Cooley
"I live here. I'll probably be here most of the time and work out. No [vacation plans]. Spend time at home."

Fred Smoot
"Maybe go to Atlantis or something. Something real out of the way chill. Watch a little bit of TV, no TV, I want to get away from the TV and you know, just chill. Get a peace of mind."

Devin Thomas
"I don't have time to vacation. I got to stay on top of everything and keep working. Just prepare myself for the training camp."

Jason Campbell
"We gonna have a couple guys, you know we'll still throw here and there, but you understand that guys are also going to take some time away and do things to be with their family's and take trips. At the same time, we can't get far behind and you can't not do anything. You have to do something, you have to stay in shape and you have to try to do something to keep youself where we left off with OTA's.

Jim Zorn
"My mind is on this. I've got things to do. I want to relax a little bit with my family because I know what's coming. I know the seriousness of what I'm about to partake in."

Definitely the kind of things you what to hear from your #1 QB and your Head Coach, huh?

See you in 37 days at the National Conference Center.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas! Let the new year will bring a lot of money